Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cool Family Tree Builder Webapp

A couple of months ago I found Geni and I created an account. I think Geni is a very cool family tree builder and it is also very simple to use. And it's free! I don't know why more common social or even professional networking tools don't offer this family tree feature.

More about Geni from their website:

"Geni lets you create a family tree through our fun simple interface. You can expand your tree by adding relatives' email addresses. They will be invited to join your tree and can add other relatives. Your tree will continue to grow as relatives invite other relatives.

Each family member has a profile which can be viewed by clicking their name in the tree. This helps family members learn more about each other and stay in touch. Family members can also share photos and work together to build profiles for common ancestors.".

Although it's very cool and everything I didn't found it very useful once I built my family tree. Well, I got birthday reminders... Great!

Check out Geni's video demo.

No comments: