Friday, October 05, 2007

Cool Online Project Management Webapps IV

I would like to talk about another online project management webapp: wrike! This one was suggested by a reader of this blog after my first post about this topic. After that I made two more posts. You can read them here: second post and third post or you can just check the content under the label project_management.

So what do I have to say about Wrike? It offers really nice features such as creating tasks through e-mail, useful gantt charts and reporting (mainly task related reports/lists)! For me it lacks a basic feature such as time tracking between others. They don't support OpenID. To wrap up I think Wrike is interesting if you want to manage tasks by e-mail (send an e-mail that creates a task) and so far as I know they are the only ones offering that feature. It's not enough to make me switch from Basecamp.

3 comments:

Eric said...

What kind of projects you're using Basecamp for? And how many projects do you track in Basecamp? I used Basecamp for a while and found that it was absolutely impossible to work with an app that doesn't allow you to set due dates to your tasks. I'm a Wrike user and I'm happy it can manage numerous projects for me. I guess you didn’t try to really use the app.

Unknown said...

Hi Eric! I use Basecamp to manage simple projects (up to 10 tasks) and I set milestones whenever I wish to set a due date for something. I just took a quick look at Wrike and my opinion about it is that it's quite good although it lacks a time tracking feature that I mentioned before as very important for my needs.

Anonymous said...

Sergio,

Good news from Wrike: we have released the time tracking feature, since you and many other users required this functionality. This is a great support for companies that provide professional services and need to bill their clients.

I think this is a good reason for you to take a deeperer look at Wrike. You'll find a powerful platform for collaboration, task organization, task management, reports across diverse projects, Gantt charts, e-mail integration, smart notifications and much more – all in one workspace.

Moreover, this week we are releasing a number of other improvements. You can also save some money: Wrike is only $3.99 per month.

Feel free to contact me for more questions.